Monday, September 7, 2009

The Shack



Wow! What a journey that was! I just finished reading "The Shack" yesterday evening. I could not put this book down once I started reading it!


A little girl, Missy, gets kidnapped and the aftermath leads the family (mainly the father) down a deep, dark road to "The Great Sadness." He is so angry at God for doing this to his precious daughter, Missy. As the book unfolds, God is revealed to the father, Mackenzie, in an usual way!


I was raised in the church and as an adult, I am constantly seeking God . . . learning more about Him, learning to trust Him, and getting to know Him personally. There have always been questions that I've had . . . some have been answered as I began to grow and mature . . . others have remained a mystery that I just couldn't wrap my brain around and I finally concluded that my finite human brain just did not have the capibility to comprehend these concepts. This wonderfully-written, dramatic, heart-wrenching book explains God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit in a way that I've never heard in my 29 years of church-going experience!


While this book is a work of fiction, it is bibically-based. There's so much packed in this book, that I will definitely read this book again and again!


No comments: