Thursday, September 11, 2008

My Country


I will never forget when I first heard the news that someone had flown airplanes into the Twin Towers and the Pentagon. I couldn't believe it at first! I was student teaching in kindergarten that day during my last semester of college. My supervising teacher and I turned on the TV while the students were at enrichment. I will never forget watching the horrific scenes on TV that day! The suffering, the loss, the tragedy of it all . . . but, also the bravery and honor that these American Heroes showed! My mom was supposed to fly to Buffalo, NY that day, but thankfully, never boarded the airplane!

I grew up a lot that day!

I am, and have always been, proud of my country. I am proud and thankful for the soldiers that put their own lives at risk, leave their families and fight for my freedom! The freedom that I enjoy and often times take forgranted. I cannot begin to imagine the horrendous situations that these soldiers go through!

I watch the news and think of my own son. What will the world be like in 15 or 20 more years when he is of age to join the military? If he does decide to join the military, I know my heart will ache, but at the same time I will be very proud!

I am forever thankful that our brave soldiers are fighting to ensure the safety of my son, my loved ones and my country!


No comments: